$56,155 – $73,270 (plus excellent benefits)
Full-time permanent position (subject to probation)
Friday, September 3, 2021 at 4:00 p.m.
The City of Malibu is seeking to fill two Administrative Assistant positions in the Planning Department and Code Enforcement Division to perform a wide variety of advanced-level administrative work and Recording Secretary functions. One position will serve as the primary Recording Secretary for the Planning Commission and perform associated duties. The other position will provide principal administrative support to the Code Enforcement Division and support general Planning Department needs. Both Administrative Assistants will provide administrative support including preparing minutes, preparing and maintaining records, preparing legal notices and notifications, preparing documents for recordation, managing meeting and legal notice deadlines, and assisting with records requests. This position is required to work evenings.
Minimum Qualifications Required
- Has experience of basic organization and function of public agencies, including the role of an elected City Council and appointed boards and commissions
- Has Knowledge of Robert’s Rules of Order and basic principles of Brown Act bodies, record management principles and practices
- Must be an expert using Microsoft Office Suite programs
- Has knowledge of standard office administrative practices and office equipment; business arithmetic and basic statistical techniques; codes, regulations, policies, technical processes, and procedures related to a Planning Department and/or Code Enforcement Division
- Has strong skills in dealing with the public and elected/appointed officials and will provide a high level of customer service, and the ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Is highly organized and detail-oriented and will possess the ability to respond to and effectively prioritize multiple phone calls and walk-up traffic, set priorities, coordinate multiple projects, and meet critical deadlines
Equivalent to graduation from high school with supplemental business school or applicable college-level coursework. Associates or Bachelor’s degree is preferred. Two (2) years of responsible office administrative and/or general clerical experience is required. Experience as a recording secretary, records specialist, or assisting a Code Enforcement program is highly desirable.
License: Must possess and maintain a valid California Class C Driver License and have a satisfactory driving record.
Applicants must submit a completed online City Employment Application and Resume by the filing deadline. Visit MalibuCity.org/jobs for more information about this position and to apply online. If you have questions or need special accommodations with the recruitment process, please contact the Human Resources department at (310) 456-2489 ext. 488. The City of Malibu is an equal opportunity employer.