The City Clerk is a mid-management classification that reports directly to the City Manager and performs a variety of routine to complex, detailed, and highly responsible professional and managerial duties in support of the activities and services of the City Clerk’s Office; executes administrative tasks as prescribed by Government Code; administers municipal elections, legislative functions, management and preservation of records, public information and filing officer duties as required by State law.
Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Perform all functions of the City Clerk;
* Prepare City Council documents, postings and agendas, ensuring compliance with the Brown Act, Public Records Act, Political Reform Act, and all applicable
* Federal, State and local laws pertaining to Clerk operations and records;
* Prepare agenda for duplication including incorporation of resolution and ordinances; coordinate and oversee the duplicating process; coordinate and participate in setting-up Council meetings;
* Assist in development of goals, objectives, policies, and procedures for assigned area of responsibility’
* Oversee the City’s Official Records and Records Management program;
* Process Fair Political Practice Commission (FPPC) statements of economic interest for elected and appointed officials and employees, and campaign filings for
office holders, candidates and committees;
* Develop and standardize procedures and methods to improve and continuously monitor the efficiency and effectiveness of assigned projects, programs, and
service delivery methods.
* Respond to requests for research and information from the City Council, City staff, and the general public regarding City codes, ordinances, and established
policies and procedures; research and analyze legal or administrative issues; and
* Perform other administrative duties as assigned by the City Manager.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in public or business administration, business management or a closely related field; five (5) years of increasingly responsible experience as a City Clerk, Assistant City Clerk, or Deputy City Clerk in a municipal government environment; valid Class C California driver’s license; valid California Notary Public certification; and possess (or become) a Certified Municipal Clerk within 18 months of appointment.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
* $84,691.62 - $122,307.00 per year, DOQ
* 4-Day work-week (closed every Friday);
* Two (2) weeks of paid vacation per year with increases based on length of service;
* Eleven (11) holidays, plus one (1) floating holiday;
* Twelve (12) sick days per year;
* 25 hours of Executive Leave at the start of each fiscal year;
* Long Term Disability – after 90 days of disability, a LTD plan provides a 60% disability income benefit;
* Life Insurance - $50,000 life insurance coverage; AD & D - $50,000 coverage;
* Retirement – California Public Employee’s Retirement System (PERS) 2% @ 60 or 2% @ 62 formula based upon successful candidate’s PERS status. The City
does not participate in Social Security, both the City and employee contribute 1.45% to Medicare;
* Health Insurance – The City provides employees with a $1,000 monthly contribution for medical, dental, and vision insurance for themselves and their
* Other Benefits – 457 deferred compensation plan. Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and direct deposit are also available.
CLOSING DATE/APPLICATION PROCEDURE:
A City application must be filed/submitted to the Human Resources Department at 3232 Main Street, Lemon Grove, CA 91945 by 5:00 p.m., Thursday, February 23, 2023. Postmarks are not accepted. Candidates are requested to provide thorough yet concise information on their experience and education, which relates to the position.
City applications will be evaluated and candidates meeting the minimum qualifications will be invited to participate in the selection process, which may consist of a written examination and/or oral interviews to be held in the City of Lemon Grove.
A City application is available on the City’s Website: www.lemongrove.ca.gov.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Roberto Hidalgo, Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 619-825-3848.