The City of Rocklin is accepting applications for the position of Deputy Director of Administrative Services. This position plans, organizes, directs, and supervises the Finance Division of the Administration Services Department, including accounting/financial functions for the City; performs complex professional accounting work in the preparation of the budget, Comprehensive Annual Financial Report and related documents, capital asset reporting, investments, grant administration, and purchasing and financial systems; provides high-level administrative assistance to the Director of Administrative Services and City Manager; ensures that performance objectives are established and accomplished in response to the goals and objectives adopted by the City Council; and performs related duties as assigned.
The Finance Division provides guidance and oversight for all fiscal activities of the City, including:
- Accounts Payable, Payroll, Business License, and Revenue Collection
- Budget Development, Management and Treasury Services
- Debt Management
- Special District Administration
- Accounting/Financial, Audit and Regulatory Reporting
- Policy development/analysis, and recommendations which support decisions about how best to allocate and safeguard the resources available to the City.
- Oversight of the City budget (FY 2020-2021 totals $91,240,900 across all funds) and a staff of 9FTEs.
The ideal candidate will:
- Understand public service principles, municipal budgets, finance, and administrative services.
- Possess technical and analytical skills to ensure the City’s financial stability.
- Be a motivational leader, coach, and mentor who is committed to staff development and leads by example.
- Assist the Director of Administrative Services in planning, managing, and coordinating administrative direction of budget, finance operations, special projects, and strategic planning.
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills necessary to work with all levels of staff in an environment of changing priorities.
- Be a solutions-oriented professional with high integrity with the ability to build trust and influence positive, mutually beneficial outcomes with stakeholders.
- Be a strategic thinker and bring creative solutions, while being an adept problem solver.
- Demonstrate emotional intelligence in order to appropriately adjust his/her communication style to be effective and influential; and possess the ability to work collaboratively with various stakeholders in order to identify solutions in the best interest of the City.
- Pursue internal process improvement strategies within the department.
- Possess knowledge of City operations, policies, and procedures; Government Accounting Standards Board (GASB), Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB), and Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) standards, policies, rules, and regulatory reporting requirements.
Equivalent to a bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in finance, accounting, economics, business administration, public administration, or a closely related field with an emphasis on municipal finance or public accounting.
Five (5) years of increasingly responsible advanced public sector accounting or municipal finance experience, including two (2) years of supervisory or management experience over professional and technical staff working in a fiscal, financial, accounting, or auditing environment.
Possession of a master’s degree in the related fields above is desirable.
To view the full job flyer and submit your application, visit: