$80,106.98 - $133,455.00 Annually, plus benefits
Ventura County is located on California's "Gold Coast," approximately 35 miles northwest of Los Angeles and 20 miles southeast of Santa Barbara. Residents enjoy rolling hills and sweeping ocean views in a nearly perfect Mediterranean climate with an average annual temperature of 74.2 degrees. The beauty and weather combined with a wonderful quality of life are among the many reasons our residents choose to call Ventura County "home."
The County Clerk-Recorder, Registrar of Voters Office seeks Fiscal & Human Resources Manager oversees an overall department budget of $10 to $15 million, and the Fiscal, Human Resources and other administrative functions for the County Clerk-Recorder, Registrar of Voters agency and assists in developing departmental goals, strategic plans, and long-term vision, and makes policy decisions. Leads a team of seven (7) in the Fiscal/HR Unit.
The ideal candidate will have experience in public sector budgeting, policies and financial systems development and maintenance, trust and grant funds administration, a general knowledge of County fiscal and HR policies and procedures, accounting cycles with knowledge and understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), a background that demonstrates the ability to work collaboratively and effectively with executive management at all levels of the Clerk and Recorder Department and other county and state agencies; recent general experience with the Ventura County Financial Management System and Ventura County Human Resources Payroll system (VCHRP), Budget Preparation System (BPS), the applicant tracking system NeoGov; Presagia, and Sedgewick; ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, and give in-person budget presentations in meetings.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
Budget Preparation and Maintenance Experience
- Comparing department spending and revenues from year to year
- Projecting and tracking salary and benefit costs
- Tracking revenues and expenditures
- Identifying potential sources of funding
- Computing and analyzing department fees
- Excellent written communication skills must be demonstrated in the completion of the employment application and supplemental questionnaire
- Exercise sound judgment and decision making
- Must be willing to travel throughout Ventura County and able to work at the East County office location in Thousand Oaks, CA when necessary
- Must be willing to work extended hours during elections period or as needed
- Must have exceptional organizational skills and multitasking in competing priorities
- Must maintain good composure and professionalism when dealing with all customers
Experience with the following is desirable:
- Recruiting experience utilizing NeoGov
- Analyzing human resources/personnel and other administrative processes and problems leading to sound recommendations for improvement and contributing to strategic plans
For further information about this recruitment and to apply online, visit www.ventura.org/jobs.
For additional inquiries, contact Jessica Ruiz by email Jessica.email@example.com.
: Applications must be received by Ventura County Human Resources Division in Ventura, California no later than 5:00 PM on Friday, April 23, 2021.